Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Many New Sketches and a Fantasy Commission

It's been a busy last few months, and I figured I'd take some time to work to get this blog updated with some of my recent projects.


Assorted Sketches




 
  

Over the last months, a few sketches have snuck into my sketchbook, including some studies from life involving objects and animals, as well as some odder critters, including my fantasy loirin (lion/kirin) above, as well as a demon pig I drew during this year's 2015 BlizzCon Sketch Group! I'm on the home-stretch to finishing a sketchbook too, which is always a welcome feeling!


(Incomplete) 30-Day Story Sketch Challenge



30 Day Story-Sketch Challenge: Day 1: The Flower

30 Day Story-Sketch Challenge: Day 2: Protection


30 Day Story-Sketch Challenge: Day 3: Glimpse of the White Forest

30 Day Story-Sketch Challenge: Day 4: Whitepaw

30 Day Story-Sketch Challenge: Day 5: Helpless

Back in July I also told myself I would undertake a self-imposed 30-day challenge to sketch something from the worlds of my stories every day for thirty days. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to complete the challenge at the time, but I'm hoping to dip my toes back in and complete it soon.

I'm hoping it will be a good opportunity to help nudge me to not only work on content surrounding my stories more often, but to be willing to work on a broader range of subjects.  You can see the five sketches I completed in July above! I'm particularly pleased with the second one with the wolf and girl.



Tugrik ACEO Commission
 

Tugrik ACEO Commission


  





I've been busy with a few commissions recently, and here's one of my recent ones! I had a ton of fun illustrating this character and cramming in as much detail I could at the scale I was working with. The final piece is a mere 3.5 x 2.5 inches: the size of a business card!

Continuing to Find Calmness
 

My Native American fetishes, gemstones, feathers, and more.

It's been a grueling last few months, but I'm so excited to have some time again to work on personal projects, and I'm excited to see what the next few months will hold! I'm eager to see what I can accomplish in the remainder of 2015 and onto 2016!

I hope all of you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment