Sunday, December 6, 2015

[Guide] Materials I Use for Sculpting

I'm often asked what materials I use for my sculptures, so I decided to put together a short guide! For a tutorial on one of my sculptures, please refer to my [Walkthrough]  "Steinir" Dragon Sculpture, which includes a FAQ, or any of the walkthroughs below:

  

Walkthroughs:


- "Steinir - Dragon Sculpture"
- “Butterscotch” – World of Warcraft Fan Art Yak Soft Sculpture
- World’s First Butterfly Cosplay: Monarch Brightwing
- "Sashah's Song" Werewolf Enchantress Sculpture (WIP)

  

Materials:
 

Polymer Clays:

Two-Part Epoxies:

Non-Curing Clays:

Sculpting Tools:

Armature Wire:

Eyes:

Paint:

Misc.

  • Aluminum Mesh
  • Aluminum Foil
  • Wooden Base
  • Needle-nosed Pliers and Various Tools
  • Two-part Plumber's Epoxy Putty
  • Hot Glue Gun and Glue
  • Tape Measure
  • Turntable
  • Sculpey Clay Softener
  • Clay Thermometer
  • Various Paint Brushes
  • Various Glass Bottles
  • Various Tupperware Containers
  • Oil-Based Wood Stains
  • Bottled and Spray Varnishes



Please let me know if there's anything I've missed so that I can add it to my guide!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I just started with sculpting and been experimenting with my sculpture supply. This would be a huge help for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete